Tired of waxing or shaving?? Look no further!!
Intense Pulsed Light also known as SHR IPL hair removal is a fast, safe and effective way for men and women to permanently reduce unwanted body and facial hair.
IPL Hair Removal works by sending pulses of intense light into the hair follicles.
The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat. The heat then loosens the hair and disables the follicular cells responsible for growing new hair.
IPL Hair Removal works fantastic on dark hair with lighter skin types. Although, it can be performed on darker skin with lighter hair, however more treatments may be needed.
Keep in mind, no IPL or LASER treatment can achieve 100% hair removal. However, most hair destroyed with the will not grow back at all, while other hair may grow back thinner and lighter in colour. The only time SHR IPL Hair Removal will NOT work is on grey, white, light blonde or red hair.
Benefits of SHR IPL Hair Removal?
- No more waxing or shaving
- Smooth skin all the time
- Permanently reduce unwanted facial and body hair
- Ready for any occasion
- Quick and effective
Any reasons to stop you having SHR IPL Hair Removal?
- White, grey, light blonde or red hair
- Very dark skin
- Sun tan, fake tan or sun burn
- Recent waxing or tweezing (on treatment areas)
- Contagious skin diseases or disorders
- Herpes 1 or 2 (on treatment areas)
- Visible skin trauma
- Siezures caused by flashing light or Epilepsy
- Pregnancy & breast feeding
- Tattoo's, permanent make up or implants
- Roaccutane (last 6 months)
- Severe eczema or dermatitis (on treatment area)
- Photo sensitising medication
What to do leading up to your appointment
- no waxing or tweezing 4 weeks prior to your treatment
- no fake tan 1-2 weeks prior to your appointment
- no sun exposure 4 weeks prior (on treatment areas)
- make sure to use SPF 30 everyday
- area must be clean shaved prior to your appointment